UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer jheison.mejia
Observer

Power Consumption XC7K325T-2FFG900C FPGA

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I'm searching the power consuption of some blocks of the KC705 Evaluation Kit. But I didn't find the datasheet of the Kintex-7 XC7K325T-2FFG900C FPGA. Where could I find this information?

I readed the UG810. KC705 Evaluation Board for the Kintex-7 FPGA User Guide v1.1. It's contains the three different input voltages (VCC2V5, VADJ_FPGA and VCC1V5_FPGA) but I didn't find the current, in the last page I watched the "Board Specifications" and only it shows the dimensions and enviromental (only operating voltage).

In all the KC705 guides for further information on Kintex-7 FPGAs, see DS180, 7 Series FPGAs Overview, which didn't have information about power consumption.

I need this information. Thanks.

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Power Consumption XC7K325T-2FFG900C FPGA

Jump to solution
Your assumptions are incorrect. The AC/DC power supply is used for the entire board and not just the FPGA. The 60W supply that is provided with the KC705 will cover a large set of applications that can be run on the KC705, but there are some that it could be insufficient. The XPE and XPA tools will allow you to create an estimate for your specific design.
------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
There is no single answer to your question and there are more than 3 power supplies for the FPGA. The XPE and XPA power tools are available to help estimate the power consumption of a design.
------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
0 Kudos
Observer jheison.mejia
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi mcgett,

Thanks for you reply. I will watch this tools that I didn't know. Empirically I calculate maybe the power consumption using the universal 12V power adapter, which has an output equal to 12Vdc/5A, therefore the maximum potency is 60W. With this data I approximate the power consumption.

I know if you use a minor area on the FPGA the power consumption could be minor too. Maybe exist this information of power using the maximum area and capacity of the Kintex7?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Your assumptions are incorrect. The AC/DC power supply is used for the entire board and not just the FPGA. The 60W supply that is provided with the KC705 will cover a large set of applications that can be run on the KC705, but there are some that it could be insufficient. The XPE and XPA tools will allow you to create an estimate for your specific design.
0 Kudos