UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor ammar_0697
Visitor

RS-232 Communication via Virtex-5 LX50T FPGA

I am trying to send data from Virtex-5 FPGA LX50T 1156-pin board to PC using UART RS-232 protocol. Software  I am using is XIlinx ISE Suite and language is VHDL. But the code is not working. Files are attached.

Kindly help me

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: RS-232 Communication via Virtex-5 LX50T FPGA

hi @ammar_0697,

we do not suggest or work on the RTL level  of user code , if you have any error messages or any queries with respect technical details of the  URAT interface  with FPGA  please post them here

chandra 

Regards
Chandra sekhar
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if solution provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor ammar_0697
Visitor

sorry but i dont know what is rtl level. I am new to fpga and vhdl plz guide me

0 Kudos

hi @ammar_0697,

In digital circuit design, register-transfer level (RTL) is a design abstraction which models a synchronous digital circuit in terms of the flow of digital signals (data) between hardware registers, and the logical operations performed on those signals.

Register-transfer-level abstraction is used in hardware description languages (HDLs) like Verilog and VHDL to create high-level representations of a circuit, from which lower-level representations and ultimately actual wiring can be derived. Design at the RTL level is typical practice in modern digital design.[1]

Regards
Chandra sekhar
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if solution provided is helpful.

0 Kudos

hi @ammar_0697.

To be more speific we do not support at VHDL or VERILOG coding .

Regards
Chandra sekhar

0 Kudos