UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor ariahsz
Visitor

Route Error (471) ISE 14.2

Jump to solution

Hi everyone!

I have problem with route error 471 and I am using VC707 board.

I cannot solve it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Route Error (471) ISE 14.2

Jump to solution

@ariahsz 

Hi,

I had a look at the design. When I ran autoroute -all in FPGA editor, I encountered below error.

ERROR:Route:471 -
This design is unrouteable. Router will not continue. To evaluate the problem please use fpga_editor. The nets listed below can not be routed:
Unrouteable Net:uut2/gmii_rxd<3>
Unrouteable Net:uut2/gmii_rxd<5>
Unrouteable Net:uut2/gmii_rxd<0>
Unrouteable Net:uut2/gmii_rxd<7>
Unrouteable Net:uut2/gmii_rxd<2>
Unrouteable Net:uut2/gmii_rx_er
Unrouteable Net:uut2/gmii_rx_dv
Unrouteable Net:uut2/gmii_rxd<4>
Unrouteable Net:uut2/gmii_rxd<6>
Unrouteable Net:uut2/gmii_rxd<1>

These nets are going from SLICE output to IDATAIN pin of IDELAYE2 element. Below is snapshot from net properties.

Capture.PNG

The IDATAIN pin of IDELAY element can be driven by its associated IO alone. In your case you are trying to connect this pin to slice which is resulting in route error. Please fix this in your design.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
10 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Check this http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/20837.html

Open FPGA editor and examine the unrouted nets. If possible attach the test case (or .ncd and .pcf files) so that we can check the reason for failure.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
You have not posted sufficient information to allow anyone to help you. You must include the entire ERROR message and your thoughts on why this may be occurring and what steps you have done to resolve the problem.
------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Visitor ariahsz
Visitor

Jump to solution

thanks alot!

here are the required files.

0 Kudos
Visitor ariahsz
Visitor

Jump to solution

Please tell me how I can fix the problems with fpga editor.

Thanks !!!

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,

Thanks for attaching the files. I will look in to the design and post here back.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Visitor ariahsz
Visitor

Jump to solution

thanks.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

@ariahsz 

Hi,

I had a look at the design. When I ran autoroute -all in FPGA editor, I encountered below error.

ERROR:Route:471 -
This design is unrouteable. Router will not continue. To evaluate the problem please use fpga_editor. The nets listed below can not be routed:
Unrouteable Net:uut2/gmii_rxd<3>
Unrouteable Net:uut2/gmii_rxd<5>
Unrouteable Net:uut2/gmii_rxd<0>
Unrouteable Net:uut2/gmii_rxd<7>
Unrouteable Net:uut2/gmii_rxd<2>
Unrouteable Net:uut2/gmii_rx_er
Unrouteable Net:uut2/gmii_rx_dv
Unrouteable Net:uut2/gmii_rxd<4>
Unrouteable Net:uut2/gmii_rxd<6>
Unrouteable Net:uut2/gmii_rxd<1>

These nets are going from SLICE output to IDATAIN pin of IDELAYE2 element. Below is snapshot from net properties.

Capture.PNG

The IDATAIN pin of IDELAY element can be driven by its associated IO alone. In your case you are trying to connect this pin to slice which is resulting in route error. Please fix this in your design.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @ariahsz 

Did you check this?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Visitor ariahsz
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi vemulad

Thanks for help. I have modified the design according to your advice and it was helpful.

Now everything is OK!

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Observer azizsh
Observer

Jump to solution

hello all,

hello @ariahsz

I'm stuck in exactly the same problem with the same unroutable nets (gmii_rxd) and I'm getting the same error

How did you resolve the issue?

if u remember :)

Thanks in advance

regards,

Aziz

0 Kudos