UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor limewater
Visitor

Silicon revision for new Zynqs

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I figure it's better to ask and be sure than continue to assume.

I'm pretty sure Xilinx sells a ton of Zynq 7020s. They only produce the latest silicon rev, right? If I go through an authorized distributor and buying just the chip, not a dev board, am I correct that I can reasonably expect to get the latest silicon rev?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Silicon revision for new Zynqs

Limewater,

Zynq has been in "Production" for years. Meaning the silicon version is production qualified. Silicon changes are expensive and time consuming and usually done early in the device roll out. Generally "Engineering Sample" are for early access customers but they migrate to using production once the silicon is available. You can safely assume you are getting a production Zynq part as long as you obtain them through proper Xilinx authorized channels/distributors. I would also recommend doing your due diligence in verifying with the vendor or sales rep on it. If you are super paranoid about it you can ask them to send you the part marking of the devices and you can verify that they are production by noticing no "ES" terms/markings present. 

siliconrev.JPG

Regards,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor limewater
Visitor

Thank you for the reply.

More specifically, I am looking at Secure Boot features. According to file in XAPP1175, it might not actually work properly until Silicon Rev 3.0.

If this is the case, then I need to make sure that I am not get getting Production silicon, but the later production silicon. In this case, checking for "EC" is not sufficient.

Advice?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Limewater,

I see, the readme for the reference design states silicon rev 3. Silicon rev 3 corresponds to "production" silicon... Silicon rev 1 is ES1. You are fine and any production Zynq you can get a hold of should be good to go for implementing secure boot. If i recall correctly this was due to an all new authentication logic in production silicon. 

Regards,

T

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos