UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor bhunt
Visitor

Spartan-7 LVCMOS33 I/O list displaying in red

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Using Vivado 2019.1, on an S7 design with 3.3V I/O. When I'm viewing the implemented design's IO Ports tab, the I/O Std LVCMOS33* is displayed in red text. It makes me nervous, but I don't have any DRC warnings or other messages indicating there's a problem. Is this normal?

image.png

I have these settings in my constraints:

set_property CONFIG_VOLTAGE 3.3 [current_design]
set_property CFGBVS VCCO [current_design]

Thanks,

BryanH

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Spartan-7 LVCMOS33 I/O list displaying in red

Jump to solution

Hi @bhunt 

You need to make sure all the pins in the same IO bank are using the compatible I/O standards.Refer to UG471 page97:

selectIO.JPG

And also you need to make sure the pins you are trying to select are on a HR I/Os bank. From DS189 under table 8:

spartan.JPG

You can check if a pin is in an HR (High Range) bank by placing your pointer over it:

IOs.JPG

With that said, it can be red and perfectly fine. If you can generate a bitstream, that means this is fine. If there is error preventing the bitstream generation, you can go back to what I mentioned

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Spartan-7 LVCMOS33 I/O list displaying in red

Jump to solution

Hi @bhunt 

You need to make sure all the pins in the same IO bank are using the compatible I/O standards.Refer to UG471 page97:

selectIO.JPG

And also you need to make sure the pins you are trying to select are on a HR I/Os bank. From DS189 under table 8:

spartan.JPG

You can check if a pin is in an HR (High Range) bank by placing your pointer over it:

IOs.JPG

With that said, it can be red and perfectly fine. If you can generate a bitstream, that means this is fine. If there is error preventing the bitstream generation, you can go back to what I mentioned

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
Tags (1)
0 Kudos