UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Spartan-7 Vref Pins

Hi,

Is it ok to power the two Vref pins on bank 14 and bank 34 respectively at 2.5V which is my VCCO voltage? 

If it's not ok, can I configure Vref as a regular IO in which supplying 2.5V would be ok? How do I configure Vref as a regular IO? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Spartan-7 Vref Pins

No. If you cannot provide a half-Vcco power rail for the Vref pins, you can just just the INTERNAL Vref attribute and leave the pins as GPIO.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi

Unfortunately on the PCB, the Vref pins are now connected to 2.5V. It looks like I can salvage this by using the internal Vref attribute. Correct?

How do i turn on INTERNAL Vref attribute?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

INTERNAL_VREF_BANK14 = 0.75;

like this. Check for more info in UG471.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks. I've set this in Vivado .xdc constraint file as:

set_property INTERNAL_VREF 0.9 [get_iobanks 14]
set_property INTERNAL_VREF 0.9 [get_iobanks 34]

Hope it works. 

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

At boot up when nothing is programmed into the Spartan 7, is the internal reference turned on by default? Will the 2.5V on the Vref pins damage the part on boot up? 

0 Kudos