UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer shruthi_07
Observer

Where to look for Speed and Area after running Behavioral Simulation?

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I ran my Verilog module, and was looking into TCL Console for Speed and Area measurement for my design. 

I found that "launch_simulation: Time (s):...." results were not a constant value for each run.

If this is not the place to look for Speech and Area determination, where should I look for them?

Please help.

Thank you.

Shruthi Sampathkumar.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Where to look for Speed and Area after running Behavioral Simulation?

Jump to solution
Behavioral simulation only guide for functional correctness . To get areas and speed/timing information . You need to synthesis and implement the design .

Check the synthesis and implementation reports for details

This guide may help you
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_2/ug888-vivado-design-flows-overview-tutorial.pdf
Hope it will help you
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Where to look for Speed and Area after running Behavioral Simulation?

Jump to solution
Behavioral simulation only guide for functional correctness . To get areas and speed/timing information . You need to synthesis and implement the design .

Check the synthesis and implementation reports for details

This guide may help you
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_2/ug888-vivado-design-flows-overview-tutorial.pdf
Hope it will help you
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos