UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie maxpower

XC7Z045-2FFG676I IBIS Model Pin Names

Hello,

I am somewhat new to large IBIS models like the zynq7.ibs file and I could use some help with the pin namming convention within the file.

I want to simulate the diff pair on pins W24 and W25 of the XC7Z045-2FFG676I device but the pin names in the IBIS model do not corresopnd to the device pin names.

How do I decifer the IBIS pins names in the model file so I choose the correct once for simulation?
Thanks

Ken

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: XC7Z045-2FFG676I IBIS Model Pin Names

Hi @maxpower ,

I beilve you are using Generic IBIS Models downloaded from Xilinx website. In that, models will not be mapped to the IO standard you are using on particular pin.

Please open Implimented design of your project, and then generate IBIS Models through Vivado or ISE by referring this AR#50957. After generating IBIS Models, you can observe IBIS Models are mapped based on the IO standard you have choosen on that particular pin.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak D N

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Kudo and Accept as a Solution, if it helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Newbie maxpower

Thank you but as far as I tell tell is that your suggestion is for me to rename the pins in thr IBIS file and re-export.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @maxpower 

As you are trying to simulate PS DDR pins of Zynq-7000 with pin namming convention, I will recommend you to check detailed steps provided by @gnarahar at https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/General-Technical-Discussion/Donwloaded-or-generated-Ibis-model/td-p/772248

Regards,
Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos