UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor zarczhang
Visitor

error:HDLCompiler:1654 when instantiating Synpfy-pro edf file to ise14.6 design

a usb3 ip core is synthesized with synplify-pro, an edf file is generated mmwave_DWC_usb3.edf.

when this edf file is instantiated to ise14.6 project, doing synthesis-XST, the error comes out:

Elaborating module <mac_sys_top>.
ERROR:HDLCompiler:1654 - "D:\zwq\proj_marvel\fpga_marvel\marvel_fpga_v7x690t\soc_phase2\intg\src\rtl\mac_sys\mac_sys_top.v" Line 272: Instantiating <inst_usb3_ctrler> from unknown module <mmwave_DWC_usb3>
Module mac_sys_top remains a blackbox, due to errors in its contents.

my synplify-pro version is F201203.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: error:HDLCompiler:1654 when instantiating Synpfy-pro edf file to ise14.6 design

Hi,

Try using -sd option in XST properties.

See the user guide for more information: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_6/xst_v6s6.pdf

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: error:HDLCompiler:1654 when instantiating Synpfy-pro edf file to ise14.6 design

I created a symbol of 1:2 decoder and instantiated in another schematic. On synthezing the schematic I am getting the error as

ERROR:HDLCompiler:1654 - "E:\PHD\phd_codes\alu16bit_25dec13\myadder\logicbit.vf" Line 44: Instantiating <XLXI_6> from unknown module <decoder1to2>

Please reply

Tags (1)
0 Kudos