UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie btharper

generating PS7 in non project mode

Hi,

Not sure if this has been solved somewhere else. I have generated a block design with a ps7 in and multiple dma etc. I am working in non project mode, and would like to include the block design in a wider design without creating a project. The current way that is suggested is to use write_bd_tcl and store the resultant tcl in source control. However when running this tcl script it creates a default project. I would really like a way that can be stored in source control but doesn't generate a project.

Cheers

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: generating PS7 in non project mode

HI @btharper,

In non-project mode, I think the correct way is to use the .bd file. I don't think can only have a tcl file.

Then you would need to do read_bd to import your BD.

Refer to UG994 - Chapter Using IP Integrator in Non-Project Mode.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

Re: generating PS7 in non project mode

Hey @btharper,

However when running this tcl script it creates a default project.

It's just a script with some commands to create a project and others to re-create the block design.

Remove those commands which create the project and leave those which re-create the block design and you should be good. Note that you need to generate targets for the block design before running synthesis.

As @florentw mentioned, an alternative is to read the block design (.BD) file and use that instead of re-creating the design from scratch in TCL.

Hope this clarifies,

Herbert

-------------- Yes, I do this for fun!
0 Kudos