UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie paulhuntley

xadc gain / offset all zeros in sim

I have configured an xadc ip to continuous mode, single input (VP/VN), all alarms off, calibration selected.

I seem to be getting good data out of the xadc at address 0x03 of the register file, via the drp port.

I read the converted value, but then I want to read the gain and offset at address 0x09 and 0x0a, and apply them to the converted value in downstream logic.

I am getting consistent all zero's out of these two register addresses. Is there anyway to simulate gain and offset corrections?

Thanks in advance!

--Paul

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Newbie paulhuntley

Re: xadc gain / offset all zeros in sim

Is there anyone here with experience in this area that has gotten non-zero values for gain and offset in simulation?

Please reply...

Thanks in advance,

--Paul

0 Kudos
Newbie paulhuntley

Just to be clear, this test is a simulation running in Cadence, using Vivado for the Kintex-7 board.

I am able to get reasonable data out of the the register file at address 0x -- this data is the conversion for the primary input ports VP/VN. I am expecting to see offset and gain corrections for the ADC at address 09 and 0a. These values remain zero through out the simulation.

Regards,

--Paul

0 Kudos
Newbie paulhuntley

Is there anyone here with simulation experience on the XADC IP on a Kintex-7 that could answer a question or two?

Thanks in advance...

0 Kudos