UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

32 bit initiator/target for PCI Spartan 6

Hi everyone,

Our custom IO board is based on Spartan 6 and it is having 3U cPCI interface. I am looking for a reference design with 32 bit PCI Initiator/Target which we can refer for our system  design. 

I tried to search on web, but for spartan 6 family I could not find any reference design with 32 bit PCI Initiator/Target, therefore I am seeking support here.

I'd apperciate if I could get any hints/guidance to useful resource which can help us to implement it without any errors.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Siddhant

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: 32 bit initiator/target for PCI Spartan 6

Hi,

Gentle reminder.

Could anyone please help in this regard?

--

Thanks & Regards,

Siddhant

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

When you generate the IP in Core Generator (in ISE), you will get an example design. I have attached a screen shot below.

Capture.JPG

Thanks.

Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi Deepesh,

Thank you for the Reference, I'll check and would let you know.
One more question, Can this example_design be used in EDK? Our requirement is PCI32 design with Microblaze, or if you could tell us how to integrate it with Microblaze then it would be useful for us to build the complete system.

--
Regards,
Siddhant
0 Kudos
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

have you checked the ref design indicated, does it use a micorblaze ?

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello Smith,

Yes we have checked it, It doesn't have microblaze.

--
Regards,
Siddhant

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @deepeshm ,

Thank you for the reference, it was useful and we finally implemented 32 PCI design in EDK.

I have few more questions, Using Linux We want to establish 32 PCI communication with our implemented design. I am not able to figure out how this communication will take place. We have SBC on which Linux OS is running and having 32 PCI connector. 

Could you please point out some references, which might be helpful for us? I am confused with the enumeration of PCI devices. How Linux PCI driver shall detect my microblaze PCI system? Is there any specific C code which I need to run on our microblaze prior to Linux booting?

--

Thanks & Regards

Siddhant

0 Kudos