UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer goli12
Observer

AXI-Memory Map to PCIe simulation

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I was following the steps on page 85 of PG055 to simulate the AXI-Memory Map to PCIe core in root-port mode. I just want to confirm that If I need a physical board to do the simulations.  The simulated waveform is shown below. At the moment, It doesn't look right as I was expecting to see output log messages from board.v wrapper file. The last message I got in the log is: "Built simulation snapshot board_behav". axi_rc_waveform.PNG

Regards

goli12

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer goli12
Observer

Re: AXI-Memory Map to PCIe simulation

Jump to solution

Hi Venkata

Looks like my simulation passed from the output log. It looks like instead of just "run behavioral simulation", I needed to run "run -all" command to fully run the simulation.

Cheers for the help.

Regards

Andrew

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Jump to solution

Can you run the simulation for some more time? In the test bench, there should be some time out and you can find a message saying test bench timed out when it happens.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
Highlighted
Observer goli12
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi Venkata

I have attached the output log and the tcl console output when the simulation was running. There doesn't seem to be a time out. I should say that I am running on Vivado 2015.4.2.

Regards

Andrew 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
In the snapshot you showed, the serial lines have not started toggling. So I think GT has not completed initialization. I was asking to run the simulation longer so that you can find time out message in the simulation log.

The logs you have shared does not show the current status of the simulation.

If you are simulating IP example design, can you please share the .xci file of the IP?
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
Observer goli12
Observer

Jump to solution
Hi Venkata

I will run the simulation using the run - all command and let it run all night. Looks like 1us was not enough time hence the serial lines weren't toggling. I will get back to you with an update once the simulation is complete.

Cheers
0 Kudos
Observer goli12
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi Venkata

Looks like my simulation passed from the output log. It looks like instead of just "run behavioral simulation", I needed to run "run -all" command to fully run the simulation.

Cheers for the help.

Regards

Andrew

0 Kudos