UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer miguelcosta94
Observer

Blue screen with error 0x00000050 when using DMA PCIe

Hi,

I'm making a C++ API to configure some IP Cores (vdma and vtpg in Figure 3) via PCIe. To intermediate this, I'm using the DMA/Bridge Subsystem for PCIe and the corresponding XDMA driver provided by Xilinx. After generating the proper handle for these type of operations (Figure 1), I try to write to the registers of these two IP Cores using the fuction shown in Figure 2 and considering the adresses surrounded in blue in Figure 3 as base adresses. However, I'm getting a BSOD with error 0x00000050 everytime I try to write something. Am I missing something?

Best regards,

Miguel Costa

Screenshot_1.pngCreating the handleScreenshot_2.pngFunction to perform register write operationsScreenshot_3.pngBase addresses

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Visitor rvmoreira
Visitor

Re: Blue screen with error 0x00000050 when using DMA PCIe

The same problem here... I'm having a similar problem since almost 1 week ago... Would be great get some help. I don't know what else to do. 

Moving to PCIe board as this appears to be a PCIe issue targeting the Video IP. If once you are able to target the IP, you run into questions writing the application, please post to the Video board.

Thanks,

Sam

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Xilinx Video Design Hub
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Have you already figured out how to solve the BSOD? I'm facing a similar issue in a project I'm working on when accessing hardware modules. I'm struggling to find the reason for this problem. Could it be path and/or permission related?

Regards

0 Kudos