UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

DMA/Bridge subsys for PCIe with axi lite master out

I'm using the DMA/Bridge subsystem for PCIe in bridge mode and wish to have two ethernet interfaces on the card side communicating to/from the host/root complex.

My understanding is that the DMA/Bridge IP (PG195) then is essentially identical to the PCI Express Integrated block (PG194). One difference I find is that the latter will have axi lite master and slave (M_AXI_LITE and S_AXI_LITE), while the former will only have an S_AXI_LITE conduit. 
I have an intention of managing control from the host/root complex to the endpoint, not the other way around. Shouldn't a M_AXI_LITE be required for this?

Selection_653.png

Is there a workaround with an AXI interconnect, as in the figure above?
Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: DMA/Bridge subsys for PCIe with axi lite master out

Hello,

here you can found the complete project:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13e312BvMDM1kq54LqK26yUtsN4BDis5R/view?usp=sharing

This project contains GPIOs for managing some control from the host/root complex to the endpoint.

Project was created within 2017.3 and succesfully tested for GPIOs and DDR3 on the KC705.

May be it will help.

Best regards,

Viktor.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for sharing your project. I just don't see how you can have an M_AXI_LITE on your DMA/Bridge IP. If I had that, my problem would be solved.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

New project -> ...-> KC705..-> IP Intergator -> Create Block Design -> Board -> PCIexpress -> Run Block Automation ->
-> ...->...PCI to AXI Lite Master Interface -> 1(Megabyte) ... or more.

Or better look here:
https://www.xilinx.com/video/technology/dma-for-pci-express.html

Best regards

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Note, I am using the IP in bridge mode, NOT DMA. So unfortunately, your example is not relevant. With a DMA, the driver I have to develop/modify on the host side will be more complicated. I wish to have a pcie-axi bridge, but with an M_AXI_LITE in order to configure two EMACs.
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Any pointers on this would be very much appreciated!
0 Kudos