UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor tharvid
Visitor

Kintex 7 AXI clock

Jump to solution

I have a 100 MHz clock for PCIe use. Can i use this for the AXI-interface? I can only choose 62,5 or 125 MHz when generating the IP. Do i have to change the 100 MHz clock to a 125 MHz?

Regards, Thomas

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar kotir
Scholar

Re: Kintex 7 AXI clock

Jump to solution

Hi ,

The referance clock is different from AXI clock.

The PCIe IP that gets generated is wrapper of the PCIe hard block and the MGT(GTX for K7).

The referance clock is taken from the PCIe connector that comes from link and provided to MGT.

The txoutclk from the MGT is provided to MMCM which will generate the core clocks and user clock.

The mmcm will be in the file <corename>_clock.v/vhd

The choice of the axi clock frequency maintains the data rate at link side with userside.

So you need to use the axi clock that core provides to interface user application.

Regards,

Koti Reddy

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scholar kotir
Scholar

Re: Kintex 7 AXI clock

Jump to solution

Hi ,

The referance clock is different from AXI clock.

The PCIe IP that gets generated is wrapper of the PCIe hard block and the MGT(GTX for K7).

The referance clock is taken from the PCIe connector that comes from link and provided to MGT.

The txoutclk from the MGT is provided to MMCM which will generate the core clocks and user clock.

The mmcm will be in the file <corename>_clock.v/vhd

The choice of the axi clock frequency maintains the data rate at link side with userside.

So you need to use the axi clock that core provides to interface user application.

Regards,

Koti Reddy

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos