UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer bmoore
Observer

PCIe MAC for PCIE PHY

Is there a design for a PCIE MAC to go along with the PCIE PHY of pg239? I have a ZCU102 board with a 9EG on it and I want to implement an AXI PCIE DMA/bridge subsystem similar to that of pg194/195, as a root port in the PL. But the 9EG doesn't have the hard PCIE blocks of the EVs or the 7/11EGs, only the soft PCIE PHY is offered in its IP catalog. Not a complete solution. Using the PS PCIE is a non-starter as I need those GTs for other things. I'll use a FMC adapter card to implement the PCIE on one of the HPC connectors.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: PCIe MAC for PCIE PHY

PCI express IP homepage specifies the soft solutions are available from PLDA and Northwestlogic.
https://www.xilinx.com/products/technology/pci-express.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer bmoore
Observer

Re: PCIe MAC for PCIE PHY

OK venkata, it looks like you're saying one must go outside Xilinx for a paid solution. Not quite the answer I was looking for. Seems like it would be more cost effective for me to get and develop on the ZCU106 instead of buying a 3rd party solution for the 102. I'll keep this query open in case anyone knows of any code out there for a complete soft AXI to PCIe bridge solution.
0 Kudos