UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

PCIe core 3.0 - pulse width timing violation

Jump to solution

This was addressed here once before, but the response was off the mark.

I have a PCIe design running on the VC707 dev board.    The core is configured to run Gen 2 x8.  (this means a generated user clock of 250MHz)  The design compiles and routes just fine with one and only one exception:  A pulse width violation on USERCLK1.  This clock is internal to the core and i have NO control over it.

I have tried generating the core at Gen 1 x8, and i get the exact same pulse width violation.

I have also generated the core with the clocking external, and that caused even more clocking headaches.

What constraints specifically do i need to put into place in order to alieviate this timing violation?

PCIe - core pulse width failure.jpg

I am using Vivado 2013.4.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: PCIe core 3.0 - pulse width timing violation

Jump to solution

I believe i have solved my own problem.  The USERCLK that is generated inside the IP core gets sent out to be used in the main user design.  I added a constraint on this output clock thinking that i needed to.

Turns out, since the clock is generated in an MMCM, it is automatically constrained.  My second constraint, even though the same value, seems to have overconstrained this net.

Once the additional constraints were removed, the pulse width errors went away!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: PCIe core 3.0 - pulse width timing violation

Jump to solution

I believe i have solved my own problem.  The USERCLK that is generated inside the IP core gets sent out to be used in the main user design.  I added a constraint on this output clock thinking that i needed to.

Turns out, since the clock is generated in an MMCM, it is automatically constrained.  My second constraint, even though the same value, seems to have overconstrained this net.

Once the additional constraints were removed, the pulse width errors went away!

0 Kudos