UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor yinlian0407
Visitor

Question about MSI Interrupt on 7 series

I config the PCIE core in Interrupt item as this: MSI mode is enabled, Legacy and MSI-X mode are disabled. The singal cfg_interrupt_msienable is high. I follow the pg054 to put cfg_interrupt high. And then the cfg_interrupt_rdy is pulled high. Finaly I put the cfg_interrupt down to finish the MSI.

But I find that the cfg_interrupt_msienable is down when windows 10 enable fastboot. The fastboot is a function that windows puts data from ddr memory into HDD when windows is shut down. That means I can't send MSI from EP to the RC.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Question about MSI Interrupt on 7 series

@yinlian0407

Do you know if the link up has finished?

Please refer to AR#58495 (https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/58495.html) to know the steps involved to enable MSI with 7 series PCIe hardblock IP.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
0 Kudos
Visitor yinlian0407
Visitor

Thanks for your reply.
I have read AR#58495. And I am sure I config the core as the guide.

If the link up you mentioned is the link from PCIE core to PC, I am sure it has completed.
In normal situation, I can see the signal cfg_interrupt_msienable is high.

I shut down the PC with Windows 10, and then make it power on. The signal cfg_interrupt_msienable is low. That means I can not make cfg_interrupt high to send a MSI to PC.

When the fast boot in Windows 10 has been enable, that will happen. If the fast boot has been disable, that will not happen.

0 Kudos

@yinlian0407

How do you confirm the link up is achieved from PCIE core to PC when fast boot is enabled?

Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
0 Kudos
Visitor yinlian0407
Visitor

Thank you very much for your reply.

When the Windows 10 is power on with fast boot, I can get the TLP from the core and send the TLP to the core. But cfg_interrupt_msienable from the core is low.

According to this, can I confirm the link up is achieved?

0 Kudos