UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer ajellisuk
Observer

SP604 PCIe EP demo memory locations

Jump to solution

Hi

I'm trying to get to grips with the PCIe core example for the SP605 board. Using the demo I'm able to write a value to BAR0 from a linux app via a PCI driver.

What I'm struggling to determine is where about the value is actually stored. In the file PIO_EP_MEM.vhd I have found the following components which have been mapped:

ep_io_mem : RAMB16BWER

ep_mem32 : RAMB16BWER
ep_mem64 : RAMB16BWER
ep_mem_erom : RAMB16BWER

I have been studiny the code and ug672_S6_IntEndptBlock_PCIe.pdf, but I'm not able to determine which of the labels is actually used for BAR0. I suspect the answer is staring me in the face, and I just cant see it :)

Can someone please enlighten me as to which of the above labels is served by BAR0 and where I need to look to determin which is used.

Best regards

Andrew

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SP604 PCIe EP demo memory locations

Jump to solution

Hi @ajellisuk,

This will depend on what type of BAR that BAR0 is assigned as.  If it is an IO BAR, then likely ep_io_mem, a 32-bit address BAR - then likely mem32, and so on.  It won't be erom, as that would be the Expansion ROM BAR specifically. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SP604 PCIe EP demo memory locations

Jump to solution

Hi @ajellisuk,

This will depend on what type of BAR that BAR0 is assigned as.  If it is an IO BAR, then likely ep_io_mem, a 32-bit address BAR - then likely mem32, and so on.  It won't be erom, as that would be the Expansion ROM BAR specifically. 

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.