cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

A minor problem with DriverMgr provided in XApp1052

Hi,

I am a software developer having no idea of driver development etc. Our research group wants to communicate to the Vertex 5 FPGA. My part is to send huge amount of data to the FPGA and read back the results. For this particular scenario the DMA suited me the best. I, through the help of Hardware Team members, got hold of the XApp1052 sample application. I tested the application it worked fine. The problem arose when I tried to modify some of the functionality of "DriverMgr" {provided in the demo_application_demo/win32_sw/win32_application/source/DriverMgr}. I only altered the array filling process in SetDMARead() method. I build the project, it reported operation successful but now when I tried to run the sample application {VB6 demo application provided with the package} it failed to execute properly

NOTE:

1) The VB6 app stops working even if no changes are made to DriverMgr and project is build.

2) The hardware people in the group made necessary changes at FPGA end to bypass the pattern checking mechanismand it has been tested successfully

3) The provided VB6 app also doesn't work properly unless the PCIE_Perf application is installed

I think it is some dependency related problem. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated

--

Regards,

Tahir Bashir

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Can you provide some examples of the code that you modified?

When you stated that it failed to execute properly, do you mean that the DMA transfers were not executed?  What exactly do you mean "failed to execute"?

0 Kudos