cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eibach
Visitor
Visitor

AXI bridge for PCIe performance

I have implemented an AXI bridge for PCIe (PG194) connected to DDR4 memory on my KCU105 evalboard. I am wondering what performance I can expect from this solution. I am doing a PCIe peer to peer transfer from another card on the bus to the KCU105. The other card is connected Gen3 x16 and can saturate the link with 13.5 Gbyte/s when reading from main memory. But reading from the KCU105 only results in up to 3 Gbyte/s, where I would expect (and need) at least 6 GByte/s. Is this to be expected?

And no, using the Xilinx DMA subsystem IP is not an option, because the other card on the bus does not map the memory to PCIe. But I have verified using the DMA subsystem IP that the KCU105 can deliver at least 6 Gbyte/s from DDR4 to main memory. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
bethe
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @eibach,

Can you please provide a bit more information on your AXI Bridge configuration?  What speed / width is it programmed at?  What AXI Bus speed / width?  What size transfers are you doing?  What is the system MPS / MRRS on the KCU105.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
eibach
Visitor
Visitor

The bridge is from PCIe 8GT/s x8 to 256bit 250 MHz AXI. I attached the exported block design for your reference. MPS is 512 byte.

0 Kudos