UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Alveo accessing NVMe drives in host pci w/out cpu

I am deciding whether to buy an Alveo U280 card.

The objective is to access NVMe drives (via the Xilinx NVMeHA) connected to the PCI bus of the server without going through the CPU.

I also would like to use the Alveo in custom flow, which is without the provided shell.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Benedetto

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Alveo accessing NVMe drives in host pci w/out cpu

Hi Benedetto,

Indeed, the NVMeHA IP does offload operation from the CPU. See the figure below. The right half shows where the host accelerator might sit in a system; the left half is a traditional setup.

nvmeha.JPG

As you are already aware, we supply a complete reference design on our lounge:

https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/ef-di-nvmeha.html

The reference design targets the 250S+ Molex board. I recommend that you start there. In addition to the reference design, you'll find the software package, Product Guide, and SW Guide.

I'll also take this opportunity to let everyone know that we have an NVMe Target Controller IP and an RDMA NIC IP to round out our storage solution space.

Regards,

Carl