Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any Xilinx Board with PCIe Socket ??

Jump to solution

Hi

I want to test PCIe Root Complex logic  with ZC706 card.

Is there any Xilinx reference board board which has provision for the PCIe Socket/port so that ZC706 can act as RC and other card as EP??

Thanks,

Vinod

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar
Scholar

Hi ,

there are some converters in market like one below to convert the FMC to PCIe Slot, if you are interested to use the RP(root port) on one card and EP(Endpoint) in one card.

http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/1-3Y8UXI.htm

http://www.hitechglobal.com/FMCModules/FMC_PCIExpress.htm

But for generic usetry it on any mother board.

Regards,

Koti Reddy

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Scholar
Scholar

Hi ,

there are some converters in market like one below to convert the FMC to PCIe Slot, if you are interested to use the RP(root port) on one card and EP(Endpoint) in one card.

http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/1-3Y8UXI.htm

http://www.hitechglobal.com/FMCModules/FMC_PCIExpress.htm

But for generic usetry it on any mother board.

Regards,

Koti Reddy

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I heard that Intel MotherBoard (i.e,  PC ) will act as only Root Complex port. Is that so?

Thanks,

Vinod

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Root complex functionality can be implemented as a discrete device, or may be integrated with the processor.

Yes, In general PC/motherboard always acts as Root Complex but a processor can act bothways.

Regards,

Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Scholar
Scholar

Hi Vinod,

If your intention is to test Endpoint in an open system , you will use the Mother board.

The PC mother boards have root complex on their North bridge.

So in this scenario the PCIe card with End point in FPGA will be pugged int he PCIe slot of the mother board.

7 series pcie cores have both Root port and end point functionalities.

If your intention is to connect one 7 series bord with Root port mode and one with End point mode then in such case you need to use the connector as i mentioned in my initial reply.

I hope the above information helps.

Regards,

KR

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

connecter is needed 

I  think theoretically speaking, using  SMA wire is another possible option.

There are only 4 input/ outpu for ZC706, you might only able to use x1 but the side sigals such  as reset and clocking  will needed to be desided carefully

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos