UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

[BAR] Access

Jump to solution

Hi,

the following question is simple and I just want to be sure that I'm not misunderstanding. As you can see in the attached image this question is related with PCIe BAR configuration. In the image we can see how the AXI-Lite interface is enabled, so the question is pretty simple the field "Value" with value FFFF_FFFF_FFF0_0004 is the address where I will have to write from the host to access to that interface? I just want to use some writes as "special" so I don't want them to go to memory as main AXI interface does.

Regards,

Joel

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: [BAR] Access

Jump to solution

In case of using Xilinx drivers I don't have to know the address, am I wrong?

Ans: You are not wrong

In case of using my own driver I should look into configuration space to be able to see how to communicate with AXI-Lite and how to communicate with AXI DMA because they will have to be accessed in different ways, am I wrong? 

To read configuration space, you will need to use Type 0 Configuration Read Request

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
5 Replies

Jump to solution
the screenshot is not attached. Can you attach it?
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Dear @venkata,

sorry I attach it here.

Regards,

Joel

pcieBAR.JPG
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
You have to read configuration space header to know the BAR address map location after the enumeration is completed.
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi @venkata,

thanks for helping. I've been reading again the Xilinx drivers documentation and I saw the information in the attached image, so I understand that in case of using Xilinx drivers I don't have to know the address, am I wrong? In case of using my own driver I should look into configuration space to be able to see how to communicate with AXI-Lite and how to communicate with AXI DMA because they will have to be accessed in different ways, am I wrong? Also, I would appreciate if you know some document provided by Xilinx where it is explained how to read the configuration space header, if there is no document I will try to look using another sources.

Regards,

Joel

LteDriver.JPG
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

In case of using Xilinx drivers I don't have to know the address, am I wrong?

In case of using my own driver I should look into configuration space to be able to see how to communicate with AXI-Lite and how to communicate with AXI DMA because they will have to be accessed in different ways, am I wrong? 

To read configuration space, you will need to use Type 0 Configuration Read Request