UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor captainjiang
Visitor

BAR and ADDRESS!!!!!!

I want to know how the bars work.I also want to know the address in the TLP.I do not know what the address is? Is it memory address or other address?I really need help.

thanks in advance.   

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Visitor captainjiang
Visitor

Re: BAR and ADDRESS!!!!!!

help me please! I really need to know about it.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: BAR and ADDRESS!!!!!!

Hi,

This is a somewhat broad question. I would recommend reading section 6.2.5 of the standard PCI Specification because it describes how the BARs work and how the system uses the BARs to determine address range.

In brief, when you set up your design, you inform the core how much address space you want for your target application, lets say 256 MB. The system will look at your BAR and give you a starting address range of 256 MB of contigous space. Then when you want to write to that space, your driver, gathers that address range from the kernel and sends a TLP with an address that falls in that range. If the incoming TLP has an address in that range it will pass through the core to the user.

Reagards

John

0 Kudos