UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Voyager
Voyager

Changing XDMA / PCIe pins

Hello,

I'm using Vivado 2019.1 to implement a design that uses an XDMA IP.

One of my requirements is to change the pcie_rst_n pin.

I have 2 problems:

1. I can't find any automatically created IP XDC file that shows to which location this pin currently connects to.

2. When I try to manually place it (to K17) using this TCL command:

set_property PACKAGE_PIN K17 [get_ports pcie_rst_n]
set_property IOSTANDARD LVCMOS18 [get_ports pcie_rst_n]

I get the following critical warning:

[Vivado 12-1411] Cannot set LOC property of ports, Could not legally place terminal pcie_rst_n at K17 (IOB_X2Y250) since it belongs to a shape containing instance xdma_wrapper_to_top/xdma_i/xdma_0/inst/pcie3_ip_i/U0/pcie3_uscale_top_inst/pcie3_uscale_wrapper_inst/PCIE_3_1_inst. The shape requires relative placement between pcie_rst_n and xdma_wrapper_to_top/xdma_i/xdma_0/inst/pcie3_ip_i/U0/pcie3_uscale_top_inst/pcie3_uscale_wrapper_inst/PCIE_3_1_inst that can not be honoured because it would result in an invalid location for xdma_wrapper_to_top/xdma_i/xdma_0/inst/pcie3_ip_i/U0/pcie3_uscale_top_inst/pcie3_uscale_wrapper_inst/PCIE_3_1_inst.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Changing XDMA / PCIe pins

Please generate the example design for KCU105 board and check the generated XDC file. That should give information on the correct placement of the reset pin.

Thanks.

Voyager
Voyager

Hi,
In the reference design the reset pin is assigned to K22.
I want to change it to K17 (that's the whole point of this post).
When I try, I get the above critical warning.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Could you please share your XCI file?

Thanks.

Teacher drjohnsmith
Teacher

Xilinx

looks like the IP uses "relative placement", is that constraining which pins can be used ?
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

The XCI is attached (I renamed it to .xml to successfully attach it)

0 Kudos