Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dario79
Observer
Observer

Configure 1 PCIe lane different from GT Lane 0 in Zynq Ultrascale+

Jump to solution

Hi all,
I'm working with xczu3cg in Vivado 2017.4.
I would like to use 1 PCI Express lane of the PS of the Zynq Ulstracale+ and I was wondering if it is possible to assign a GT lane different from GT lane0.

From the Processing System Configuration Wizard (PCW), if I want to use 1 PCIe lane, the PCW assigns the PCIE Lane0 to GT Lane0. I checked the UG1085 and from the first row of Table-30-14 it looks that L0 (GT lane0) is the only one I can use for PCIe, and we can assign the others lanes to SATA,USB3 etc.
So, as far as I understood, it is not possible to assign to the PCIE Lane0 to GT lane 3, is it that correct?

I'm asking this because my digital board has a PCIe lane in the position corresponding to GT lane 3 of the zynqMP, so it would be very useful to change the PCIe lane0, moreover, I have the GT lane1 configured as SATA.

Thank you for the help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
coryb

Hello @dario79,

Unfortunately we do not support Lane Reversal in the PS PCIe Controller which is what you are looking for here. It is an optional feature per the PCIe 2.0 spec. We do however support Polarity Inversion. There is no way to change the GT Lane's for PCIe in the PS PCIe Controller.

Thanks,
Cory

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
coryb

Hello @dario79,

Unfortunately we do not support Lane Reversal in the PS PCIe Controller which is what you are looking for here. It is an optional feature per the PCIe 2.0 spec. We do however support Polarity Inversion. There is no way to change the GT Lane's for PCIe in the PS PCIe Controller.

Thanks,
Cory

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post