UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

[DMA+AXI] Question

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm configuring the DMA Subsystem for PCI Express for a Virtex UltraScale+ fpga. What I want is to send requests (read/write) from a host (PC) to the fpga. I'm a rookie and I have a strange doubt. 

When I create the module the ports of the instance are for a master, that is, I want that DMA to be a slave that will receive requests and I will perform that requests with my verilog code. What should I do to configure it in that way? Should I activate AXI4-Lite Slave?

I have another module for DDR4 IP where I use AXI too and I'm the master so I know more or less how it works for the master case, but as a slave the DMA should have inputs about read address and read data, and in this case they're outputs.

Maybe I started configuring it wrong and I need to set as AXI Stream and not as AXI Memory Mapped? Or should I use AXI Bridge for my purpose? I'm a little bit lost in that.

Also, would be nice to know how can I send interruptions to the host. But for this last question maybe the response is in the documentation which I'm reading step by step.

My last question is about 

I don't know if I'm explaining well.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: [DMA+AXI] Question

Jump to solution
Can you please go through the quick take video at the link below?
https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/pcie-dma.html

This can help you to get the basic understanding of how DMA transfer works.

After this, please try a simulation of IP example design to understand the process.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Re: [DMA+AXI] Question

Jump to solution
Can you please go through the quick take video at the link below?
https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/pcie-dma.html

This can help you to get the basic understanding of how DMA transfer works.

After this, please try a simulation of IP example design to understand the process.
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution

View solution in original post