Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

DMA PCIE Causes Computer To Blue screen

Jump to solution

I have a block design for my AC701 board trying to use the DMA/Bridge PCIE block.

xdma_info.exe shows theres a PCIE device connected. When I try to run xdma_rw.exe or xdma_test.exe the computer shows a blue screen and stops. This is the message. I need to turn off and turn on the computer every time.

"Hardware malfunction. call your hardware vendor for support. Parity check/memory parity error. They system has halted".

Whats the cause of this?

Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Changed os to linux and it works now. Maybe problem with the Xilinx win drivers?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Update:

Im able to get ff ff ff ff when I run xdma_rw.exe user read 0 – l 4.

If I try xdma_rw.exe user read 0 – l 8, then the system gets blue screen. I tried this 3 times and the same thing happens.

Is reading more bytes than 4 causing this? Is it possible that the command is reading a read protected address of some kind?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Changed os to linux and it works now. Maybe problem with the Xilinx win drivers?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Probably it's a bug in Windows version of driver. 

WdfMemoryCopyFromBuffer() was used in ReadBarToRequest() and WriteBarFromRequest() to transfer data to and from the mapped memory.  Replace it with READ_REGISTER_BUFFER_ULONG() and WRITE_REGISTER_BUFFER_ULONG() correspondingly should solve the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

hi,

wjin, can you please elaborate on the solution for window 10 ?

( "WdfMemoryCopyFromBuffer() was used in ReadBarToRequest() and WriteBarFromRequest() to transfer data to and from the mapped memory.  Replace it with READ_REGISTER_BUFFER_ULONG() and WRITE_REGISTER_BUFFER_ULONG() correspondingly should solve the problem." )

thnaks !

moshe

0 Kudos