UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer petersanch
Observer

DMA PCIE Causes Computer To Blue screen

Jump to solution

I have a block design for my AC701 board trying to use the DMA/Bridge PCIE block.

xdma_info.exe shows theres a PCIE device connected. When I try to run xdma_rw.exe or xdma_test.exe the computer shows a blue screen and stops. This is the message. I need to turn off and turn on the computer every time.

"Hardware malfunction. call your hardware vendor for support. Parity check/memory parity error. They system has halted".

Whats the cause of this?

Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer petersanch
Observer

Re: DMA PCIE Causes Computer To Blue screen

Jump to solution

Changed os to linux and it works now. Maybe problem with the Xilinx win drivers?

4 Replies
Observer petersanch
Observer

Jump to solution

Update:

Im able to get ff ff ff ff when I run xdma_rw.exe user read 0 – l 4.

If I try xdma_rw.exe user read 0 – l 8, then the system gets blue screen. I tried this 3 times and the same thing happens.

Is reading more bytes than 4 causing this? Is it possible that the command is reading a read protected address of some kind?

0 Kudos
Observer petersanch
Observer

Jump to solution

Changed os to linux and it works now. Maybe problem with the Xilinx win drivers?

Visitor wjin
Visitor

Jump to solution

Probably it's a bug in Windows version of driver. 

WdfMemoryCopyFromBuffer() was used in ReadBarToRequest() and WriteBarFromRequest() to transfer data to and from the mapped memory.  Replace it with READ_REGISTER_BUFFER_ULONG() and WRITE_REGISTER_BUFFER_ULONG() correspondingly should solve the problem.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

hi,

wjin, can you please elaborate on the solution for window 10 ?

( "WdfMemoryCopyFromBuffer() was used in ReadBarToRequest() and WriteBarFromRequest() to transfer data to and from the mapped memory.  Replace it with READ_REGISTER_BUFFER_ULONG() and WRITE_REGISTER_BUFFER_ULONG() correspondingly should solve the problem." )

thnaks !

moshe

0 Kudos