Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Data alignment on AXI DMA bypass

Jump to solution

The AXI DMA bypass interface's data bus is whatever width the overall DMA interface is configured as, so it can be up to 512bits. In this case, are there any special rules about how data is aligned on this bus? Say I have a request that has an address of 0x4. Would the first word of the data be at data[7:0] or would it get bumped up to data[39:32]? With the corresponding shifts done to wstrb and etc.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Data alignment on AXI DMA bypass

Jump to solution

Hi @zwabbit 

The AXI Master Bypass interface is an AXI4 compliant interface, with the AXI Burst Type set as b01 - INCR.  This means that the alignment is as you described. For an AWADDR 0x0004 (depending on AWSIZE of course) - would be [39:31] - and would be presented based on write strobes.

I would recommend review the AMBA AXI Base Specification - as it has several examples of addressing and location.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @zwabbit 

The AXI Master Bypass interface is an AXI4 compliant interface, with the AXI Burst Type set as b01 - INCR.  This means that the alignment is as you described. For an AWADDR 0x0004 (depending on AWSIZE of course) - would be [39:31] - and would be presented based on write strobes.

I would recommend review the AMBA AXI Base Specification - as it has several examples of addressing and location.

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the pointer.

0 Kudos