Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Display goes blank during boot with SP605

Jump to solution

I need a recommended PC for working with the SP605 evaluation board. I purcahsed a computer to work with this board, but during the boot process, before I see the windows log-in dialog, the computer display is disabled. I tried using two different display adapters with the same result. If you log-in remotely the display adapter will not even show up in device manager when the SP605 is installed.

The same SP605 board worked on two other computers, so I am not sure what the issue is.

Is there a recommended PC for working with this board?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar
Hello,

AR# 18419 - Install - Operating System (OS) Support on Xilinx ISE Design Tools - http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/18419.htm

These os are supported by Xilinx it doesn't varies from board to board
-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar
Hello,

AR# 18419 - Install - Operating System (OS) Support on Xilinx ISE Design Tools - http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/18419.htm

These os are supported by Xilinx it doesn't varies from board to board
-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I am using Windows 7, 64-bit, which is supported.

Are you generally ok with any standard PC running a supported OS?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar
Yes as long as it follows memory recommendation given in the link
Design Tools : Memory Recommendations - http://www.xilinx.com/design-tools/vivado/memory.htm
-Pratham

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you. I guess that I have unfortunately found the only bad configuration, and I will just purcahse a standard Dell PC and work with that.

For anyone else: I don't recommend using an intel Z77 chipset, i7 processor and SP605 motherboard in combination. All other configurations seem to work.

I appreciate your help,

Chris

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Hi Chi,

If the Mother board is compliant of PCIe spec then it should not be a problem with detection and working with SP605.

Check your mother board has any options where the slot on which you are connecting is dedicated for a Graphics card or some thing like that.

This could be a possible reason.

Regards,

Koti reddy

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you for the recommendation. I have tried using the cards in different slots, and even swapping the two cards results in the same behavior. 

I am going to give up on this PC, and use the card in a different computer. I do have a working configuration which is sufficient for me at this point.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos