UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor chris-bu
Visitor

Display goes blank during boot with SP605

Jump to solution

I need a recommended PC for working with the SP605 evaluation board. I purcahsed a computer to work with this board, but during the boot process, before I see the windows log-in dialog, the computer display is disabled. I tried using two different display adapters with the same result. If you log-in remotely the display adapter will not even show up in device manager when the SP605 is installed.

The same SP605 board worked on two other computers, so I am not sure what the issue is.

Is there a recommended PC for working with this board?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Re: Display goes blank during boot with SP605

Jump to solution
Hello,

AR# 18419 - Install - Operating System (OS) Support on Xilinx ISE Design Tools - http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/18419.htm

These os are supported by Xilinx it doesn't varies from board to board
-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution
Hello,

AR# 18419 - Install - Operating System (OS) Support on Xilinx ISE Design Tools - http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/18419.htm

These os are supported by Xilinx it doesn't varies from board to board
-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Visitor chris-bu
Visitor

Jump to solution

I am using Windows 7, 64-bit, which is supported.

Are you generally ok with any standard PC running a supported OS?

0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution
Yes as long as it follows memory recommendation given in the link
Design Tools : Memory Recommendations - http://www.xilinx.com/design-tools/vivado/memory.htm
-Pratham

0 Kudos
Visitor chris-bu
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you. I guess that I have unfortunately found the only bad configuration, and I will just purcahse a standard Dell PC and work with that.

For anyone else: I don't recommend using an intel Z77 chipset, i7 processor and SP605 motherboard in combination. All other configurations seem to work.

I appreciate your help,

Chris

0 Kudos
Scholar kotir
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi Chi,

If the Mother board is compliant of PCIe spec then it should not be a problem with detection and working with SP605.

Check your mother board has any options where the slot on which you are connecting is dedicated for a Graphics card or some thing like that.

This could be a possible reason.

Regards,

Koti reddy

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor chris-bu
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you for the recommendation. I have tried using the cards in different slots, and even swapping the two cards results in the same behavior. 

I am going to give up on this PC, and use the card in a different computer. I do have a working configuration which is sufficient for me at this point.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos