UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone use SRIOV to develop virtio-net

Hi,

Recently, I use an V7-330T to develop a function called virtio-net, though it hard, but it works now.

The driver needn't be changed and the add-in card would work as an virtio-net device.

Now, I am working on SRIOV, what I want is to use SR-IOV techbology to implement 256 functions.

and every function could be used for an VM.

Now, when I cfg my FPGA card as a pci host device and pci pasthrough, the VM works normal and the performacne is good.

but i found there are little guy working on it, I want whether someone could discuss with me.

Best Regards

Liuluren

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Newbie yqma

Re: Does anyone use SRIOV to develop virtio-net

yeah, we are researching virtio-net and sriov. As i know, Intel has implemented virtio-net by FPGA. It can support SRIOV passthrough and vDPA for VM live migration.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe, but I know it is hard to support VM live migration. Some friends have try ,but they failed.

Later, I would working on the VM live migration since there are bugs in SRIOV implement in my codes.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

Both my virtio-net and SRIOV works, the performance is good. and I wrapper it as an ip core, next step, I would develop TSO and LRO, its code is done now.

TSO supports 64kBytes and LRO support 32 sessions to 64kBytes.

0 Kudos
Newbie wordchao

hi liuluren, i am starting to develop virtio-net and SRIOV, do you use xilinx pcie+qdma to develop sriov?
Observer nikola.stojkov
Observer

Hi @wordchao,

Did you used for SR-IOV pcie+qdma?

Br,

Nikola

0 Kudos