Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

How to add primitives to the stage1 PBLOCK

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I'm using a Virtex-7 (XC7VX330TFFG1761-2) with a PCIe core in Tandem PCIe mode and I'm getting the following errors.  How do you fix this? I don't understand the instructions at the end of the error.

[Common 17-1550] Command failed: Error: The following primitive must be added to a stage1 PBLOCK
Cell "logicSubsys/pcie_subsys/EP/pcie3_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/GND" of Type "OTHERS.others.GND"
Cell "logicSubsys/pcie_subsys/EP/pcie3_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/VCC" of Type "OTHERS.others.VCC"
Cell "logicSubsys/pcie_subsys/EP/pcie3_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/mmcm_i" of Type "CLK.gclk.MMCME2_ADV"
Cell "logicSubsys/pcie_subsys/EP/pcie3_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/pclk_sel_i_1" of Type "LUT.others.LUT5"
Cell "logicSubsys/pcie_subsys/EP/pcie3_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/pclk_sel_i_2" of Type "LUT.others.LUT4"
Cell "logicSubsys/pcie_subsys/EP/pcie3_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/pclk_sel_i_3" of Type "LUT.others.LUT4"
Cell "logicSubsys/pcie_subsys/EP/pcie3_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/pclk_sel_i_4" of Type "LUT.others.LUT4"
Cell "logicSubsys/pcie_subsys/EP/pcie3_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/pclk_sel_i_5" of Type "LUT.others.LUT4"
Cell "logicSubsys/pcie_subsys/EP/pcie3_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/pclk_sel_reg" of Type "FLOP_LATCH.flop.FDRE"
Cell "logicSubsys/pcie_subsys/EP/pcie3_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/pclk_sel_reg1_reg[0]" of Type "FLOP_LATCH.flop.FDRE"
Cell "logicSubsys/pcie_subsys/EP/pcie3_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/pclk_sel_reg1_reg[1]" of Type "FLOP_LATCH.flop.FDRE"
Cell "logicSubsys/pcie_subsys/EP/pcie3_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/pclk_sel_reg1_reg[2]" of Type "FLOP_LATCH.flop.FDRE"
Cell "logicSubsys/pcie_subsys/EP/pcie3_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/pclk_sel_reg1_reg[3]" of Type "FLOP_LATCH.flop.FDRE"
Cell "logicSubsys/pcie_subsys/EP/pcie3_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/pclk_sel_reg1_reg[4]" of Type "FLOP_LATCH.flop.FDRE"
Cell "logicSubsys/pcie_subsys/EP/pcie3_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/pclk_sel_reg1_reg[5]" of Type "FLOP_LATCH.flop.FDRE"
Cell "logicSubsys/pcie_subsys/EP/pcie3_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/pclk_sel_reg1_reg[6]" of Type "FLOP_LATCH.flop.FDRE"
Cell "logicSubsys/pcie_subsys/EP/pcie3_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/pclk_sel_reg1_reg[7]" of Type "FLOP_LATCH.flop.FDRE"
Cell "logicSubsys/pcie_subsys/EP/pcie3_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/pclk_sel_reg2_reg[0]" of Type "FLOP_LATCH.flop.FDRE"
Cell "logicSubsys/pcie_subsys/EP/pcie3_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/pclk_sel_reg2_reg[1]" of Type "FLOP_LATCH.flop.FDRE"
Cell "logicSubsys/pcie_subsys/EP/pcie3_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/pclk_sel_reg2_reg[2]" of Type "FLOP_LATCH.flop.FDRE"
Cell "logicSubsys/pcie_subsys/EP/pcie3_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/pclk_sel_reg2_reg[3]" of Type "FLOP_LATCH.flop.FDRE"
Cell "logicSubsys/pcie_subsys/EP/pcie3_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/pclk_sel_reg2_reg[4]" of Type "FLOP_LATCH.flop.FDRE"
Cell "logicSubsys/pcie_subsys/EP/pcie3_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/pclk_sel_reg2_reg[5]" of Type "FLOP_LATCH.flop.FDRE"
Cell "logicSubsys/pcie_subsys/EP/pcie3_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/pclk_sel_reg2_reg[6]" of Type "FLOP_LATCH.flop.FDRE"
Cell "logicSubsys/pcie_subsys/EP/pcie3_7x_0_support_i/pipe_clock_i/pclk_sel_reg2_reg[7]" of Type "FLOP_LATCH.flop.FDRE"
This should be done in the user constraints file through the
following commands
set custom_pblock [create_pblock <pblock name>]
set_property BOOT_BLOCK 1 $custom_pblock
resize_pblock -add <site> $custom_pblock
add_cells_to_pblock $custom_pblock [get_cells <primitive name>]

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor
Visitor

Turns out my "add_cells_to_pblock $custom_pblock [get_cells <primitive name>]" had a typo in the path to the primitive name.  So, instead of returning an error that the path was bad it returned the error that the primitives must be added to a stage1 PBLOCK.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Hello @jamese,

It sounds like you are just missing constraints that we require for Tandem PCIe to work with the IP.

If you open the IP Example Design for your PCIe IP, you can then analyze the xilinx_pcie3_7x_ep_x8g3.xdc constraints file (yours might be called something different, it depends on PCIe IP config) and look for all the Tandem constraints included. You can then port those to your application.

Thanks,
Cory

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

Turns out my "add_cells_to_pblock $custom_pblock [get_cells <primitive name>]" had a typo in the path to the primitive name.  So, instead of returning an error that the path was bad it returned the error that the primitives must be added to a stage1 PBLOCK.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos