cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

ILA with PCIe integrated block

Im trying to do a very simple block design where i connect the integrated block for PCIe to the ILA so that I can use the ILA to probe the completer request interface. I have a root complex on a processor that is sending information over PCIe, so to check if the data is being received properly, i want to use the ILA to confirm the information ont he CQ interface. In order to connect the ILA block to the PCIe block, does there need to be an intermediary block or can the 2 blocks just be connected as is.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@dannylad27,

Consider ILA as a software oscilloscope with flexibility.

You can connect ILA anywhere, the connections would be merely be like tap-out points.

The ILA connections are like oscilloscope probe connections and the oscilloscope screen is the ILA waveform viewer. 

In order to connect the ILA block to the PCIe block, does there need to be an intermediary block or can the 2 blocks just be connected as is.

So connect it as is!

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

I think the IP cores for PCIe in Vivado write out HDL code to for everything down to the PCIe block itself. You should be able to drill down and instrument anything you want in there. As for how minimal a design you can use, I normally put an AXI BRAM controller in there and a block ram just to have something to access.
----------------------------------------
DSP in hardware and software
-----------------------------------------
Highlighted

Have you received the required information you are looking for?

You can also use system ILA (https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/system_ila/v1_0/pg261-system-ila.pdf) to connect to CQ interface and check the activitiy.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos