cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Is PCIe preloaded on ML605? Can't see DS13 glowing.

I am a beginner of PCIe. I am using ML605, Virtex 6 as my development kit. It is said on the "

Getting Started with the Xilinx Virtex-6 FPGA ML605 Evaluation Kit" (ug533)that,

"The x8 PCI Express PIO design is pre-loaded on the ML605 board's Platform Flash XL. Upon the board's power up and successful configuration of the onboard LX240T FPGA, the DONE LED (DS13) should illuminate."

However, after following the steps in the GUIDE, I can't see the DS13 LED glowing. I wonder is my understanding correct: is PCIe already loaded on the ML605 Flash, or should I generate and load it myself?

Appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

I am a beginner of PCIe. I am using ML605, Virtex 6 as my development kit. It is said on the "

Getting Started with the Xilinx Virtex-6 FPGA ML605 Evaluation Kit" (ug533)that,

"The x8 PCI Express PIO design is pre-loaded on the ML605 board's Platform Flash XL. Upon the board's power up and successful configuration of the onboard LX240T FPGA, the DONE LED (DS13) should illuminate."

However, after following the steps in the GUIDE, I can't see the DS13 LED glowing. I wonder is my understanding correct: is PCIe already loaded on the ML605 Flash, or should I generate and load it myself?

Yes this is correct.

The x8 PCI Express PIO design is pre-loaded on the ML605 board's Platform Flash XL. Upon the board's power up and successful configuration of the onboard LX240T FPGA, the DONE LED (DS13) should illuminate."

Most probably DS13 should illumunate.

if not most probably check with your dip switche settings for the clock.

If still not then try to generate and load it on your own.

0 Kudos