UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor painkil
Visitor

Kintex Ultrascale+ Tandem PCI Express Bank#65 PERST problem.

Jump to solution

I'm planning a project with XCKU3P-2FFVB676. (which has 4 HP banks, 64,65,66,67)

I need Bank#65 to use it in DDR4 Memory 64 bit (3 banks should be in consecutive, so I sould use 64~66 or 65~67)

Because of PCI Express configuration Time Limitation (<100ms) I also need Tandem PROM configuration method with dual or single QSPI memory.

I think single QSPI memory is enough when I operate QSPI flash at 66MHz (if first stage is lower than 2MByte, 60 ms will be elapsed)

But, PERST dedicated route pin making me difficult to plan pins.

So, I want to know if I can move this pin to bank#64 with dedicated route option with Tandem PROM.

Is there other solution both limitations meet?

Please tell me.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Kintex Ultrascale+ Tandem PCI Express Bank#65 PERST problem.

Jump to solution

when using tandem configuration, bank65 cannot be used for MIG. This is pointed out in PG213.

you might check the following link in case you want to use bank65 without enabling tandem

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1338-fast-partial-reconfiguration-pci-express.pdf

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

when using tandem configuration, bank65 cannot be used for MIG. This is pointed out in PG213.

you might check the following link in case you want to use bank65 without enabling tandem

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1338-fast-partial-reconfiguration-pci-express.pdf

0 Kudos
Visitor painkil
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply kkn.

I’ll check your recommendation and I’ll make another post if I have any further questions.

Thank you

0 Kudos