Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chaoyangtianxia
Contributor
Contributor

MCAPAPP ”A device attached to the system is not functioning”

Jump to solution

I used MCAPAPP to test Tandem PCIe configuration according to Answer 64761,
The stage 1(Tandem) mcs is loaded into FPGA, and the PCIe device can be found as "Xilinx PCIe MCAP Driver" in the system.
but an Error dialog “Writefile failed;[31],A device attached to the system is not functioning” is appeared when using MCAPAPP. What problem can it be?

environment:
1.win7 64bit
2.disable driver signature
3.modify fpga PCIE IP,device ID = 8011,which is included in mcap.inf
4.test on two computers,same phenomenon
5.This FPGA PCIE function is OK when using with old driver without tandem

捕获.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garethc

Hi @chaoyangtianxia 

I have checked and there is a CR open for this and it details that in windows, there is an issue with MCAP VSEC offset value. Instead of using the extended capability linked list, it hard codes the value causing an issue in US+. In US the offset is 0x340 and in US+, it is 0x350. The Linux doesn’t have that issue. Can you check if this fixes the issue for you?

Thanks,

Gareth

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 Replies
garethc

Hi @chaoyangtianxia 

What version of the tools are you using and what PCIe IP? Is this Tandem PCIE or Tandem PCIE with Field Updates?
What is the FPGA device that you are using?

Can you take a look at the following AR if this is Tandem with Field Updates.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/71877.html

Thanks,

Gareth

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos
chaoyangtianxia
Contributor
Contributor

I used ultrascale+ xcku3p-ffvb676-2-i, PCIe IP version is  1.3,Tandem PCIE  not Tandem PCIE with Field Updates.

“Writefile failed;[31],A device attached to the system is not functioning”  this err dialog  appears after <Selecting Device>, <Partial Bitstream> is not selected yet.  The problem may be in the stage 1 bitstream?

0 Kudos
chaoyangtianxia
Contributor
Contributor

I do the experiment with KCU116 Evaluation Board(xcku5p), PCIe IP version is 1.3,Tandem PCIE .

And I used the PCIe IP core example generated,  the problem is the same:

Xilinx PCIe MCAP Driver is OK, but  there is still“Writefile failed;[31],A device attached to the system is not functioning”Error dialog  when using MCAPAPP

Is Answer 64761 is still effective for ultrascale+ device? by the way, thank you

0 Kudos
chaoyangtianxia
Contributor
Contributor

@garethcwill you please help me to analysis it,thank you very much.

0 Kudos
garethc

Hi @chaoyangtianxia 

I have checked and there is a CR open for this and it details that in windows, there is an issue with MCAP VSEC offset value. Instead of using the extended capability linked list, it hard codes the value causing an issue in US+. In US the offset is 0x340 and in US+, it is 0x350. The Linux doesn’t have that issue. Can you check if this fixes the issue for you?

Thanks,

Gareth

Versal Blogs

View solution in original post