UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor lyuanjie
Visitor

PC hung and failed to boot-up after restart

Hi

I have plugged a VC707 card into a 32-bit Lenovo ThinkCentre Core 2 Duo E8400 desktop to verify my PCIe end-point design with DMA engine. To check the setup, I have first programmed Xilinx PCIe reference design (xtp144) into VC707 using JTAG and used PCI Tree to detect it. After a PC restart, the system was able to boot-up and PCI Tree was able to detect the plugged-in card.

When I programmed my customized end-point design with DMA engine into the VC707 in the same manner, the system simply hung and failed to boot after restart. I could hear the PC fan blews stronger than normal (as if there are some conflicts). However, it continued to boot-up when I switched the VC707 off.

Can someone kindly point me in the right direction on how to debug the problem? What could be the possible causes of it? I have seen AR34873 (http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/34873.htm). Could this be the reason? Should I try it on another PC?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Re: PC hung and failed to boot-up after restart

Does your card requires lots of current? Maybe the mother board can not provide so large current.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer danbo.liang
Observer

Re: PC hung and failed to boot-up after restart

Do you simulate your design?

the possible reason is:

1) when boot up, your design send interrupt frequently

2) the physical address of DMA is wrong, this physical address is got from a virtum address by a address transform function

3) you should take off you card, then boot up, then delete pcie's driver in system32/drivers

0 Kudos