Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

PCI Express, DMA transfer, Downstream Port Model Simulation

Jump to solution

Hi,
I'm using the Downstream Port Model provided with the EndPoint Block plus V1.9 with patch V1.9 Rev 4.

I have severals problems to send memory a read request from the EndPoint to the Downstream Port. In the EndPoint point of view, I think to have properly sent all signals ( trn_td, trn_trem_n,  trn_tsof_n, trn_teof_n,  trn_tsrc_rdy_n, trn_tsrc_dsc_n) and check the signals (trn_tbuf_av(0), trn_tdst_rdy_n, trn_tdst_dsc_n). Moreover there are not error detected (cfg_dcommand). The maximum requested  number of data for each memory read request is 64Byte.

Even so, those requests don't appear in the Downstream Port trn_rd port. Moreover the signals trn_sof_n, trn_rsrc_rdy_n, trn_rd become 'X' after the first requests.

Thank you
Andrea
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Andrea,

You may want to be sure all of the inputs on the DSPort side of things are being driven to a known value (i.e. not left floating).  I've seen the trn_r* signals go to "X" in the past when inputs like trn_rnp_ok_n are not driven as a Non-posted packet comes in, for example.

-Kyle

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Andrea,

You may want to be sure all of the inputs on the DSPort side of things are being driven to a known value (i.e. not left floating).  I've seen the trn_r* signals go to "X" in the past when inputs like trn_rnp_ok_n are not driven as a Non-posted packet comes in, for example.

-Kyle

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Kyle,

thank you very much, now it works !!!

I left trn_rnp_ok_n input signal to DSPort floating.

Andrea

0 Kudos