UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

PCI Express "Strapping" to set link speed

Hi, I'm a co-op student currently working at AMD and I'm having trouble figuring out an instruction in my training documents which is telling me to "strap" a pci express graphics card to a certain link speed (2.5 GT/S, 5 GT/S, 8 GT/S). From the sounds of it this is supposed to occur before boot. It mentions two settings I have to change which I can't recall the name of right now but are something along the lines of "strap_pcie_blahblah_numbers". I'm hoping someone can at least give me a starting tip on how I might accomplish this task. Thanks.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: PCI Express "Strapping" to set link speed

Those are the PCI-Express lane speeds for 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0.

Is there a BIOS setting or jumper to limit the maximum lane speed?  Is there a jumper or switch on your PCIe card?

0 Kudos

Re: PCI Express "Strapping" to set link speed

As far as I can tell there's nothing in the bios but I could be wrong about that because it's got waay more options than a regular bios does. There are a few tiny switches on the card covered in plastic but nothing whose label sounds like something I'm looking for. As far as jumpers go, we use mostly standard motherboards for these tests so I doubt there would be any jumpers like that. It looks like something that much be software based though because it names two settings which must be set to either 1 or 0, one of which is from PCIe 2.0 and the other from 3.0.

0 Kudos