Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ritux
Visitor
Visitor

PCIE BMD REFERENCE DESIGN

Hi ,

I'm trying to integrate PCIe endpoint reference design with the BMD example design of XAPP1052, the documentation of XAPP1052 recommends to run the design in fedora 10 but iam using REDHAT linux. Is there any issue in running the bmd reference design in REDHAT

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
kotir
Scholar
Scholar

Hi ,

BMD design drivers and application are tested on fedora 10.

There are package requirements(prerequisites) specified in the document.

Check if you are aliged with the requirements, then it should be up.

Regards,

KR

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
ritux
Visitor
Visitor

I have installed all the packages specified in the document but still the script is not executing  successfully.

I hav attached the error obtained while executing run_bmd.csh.

thank you.

0 Kudos
kotir
Scholar
Scholar

Hi ,

I see below errors

^
/root/xbmd/xbmd.c:210:10: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before string constant
   printk(KERN_INFO"%s: XPCIe_Write: %d bytes have been written...\n", gDrvrName, count);
          ^
/root/xbmd/xbmd.c:210:72: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before ‘gDrvrName’
   printk(KERN_INFO"%s: XPCIe_Write: %d bytes have been written...\n", gDrvrName, count);
                                                                        ^
/root/xbmd/xbmd.c:210:83: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before ‘count’

error: expected expression before ‘/’ token
     case RDDDMACR:                   /ssize_t/ Read: DMA Control Status Register
                    ^
/root/xbmd/xbmd.c:309:22: error: a label can only be part of a statement and a declaration is not a statement
     case RDRDMATLPS:           ssize_t      // Read: Read DMA TLP Size Register
                      ^
/root/xbmd/xbmd.c:321:22: error: a label can only be part of a statement and a declaration is not a statement
     case RDRDMAPERF:    ssize_t             // Read: Read DMA Performance Register

-----------------------------

These errors seems to be of compiler directive requirement which may not be in the older compilers ....

Have a look at below link

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8700950/expected-declaration-specifiers-or-before-string-constant

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12873516/expected-expression-before-token

The code is open source, you can go ahead and make modifications and rerun the script.

Regards,

Koti Reddy

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
ritux
Visitor
Visitor

hi.......
thanks..... but still i was not able to solve the issues...

i have installed fedora 19 and tried the executing same scripts.. still error exits.

Following are the errors I have got

1) /root/xbmd/xbmd.c:429:5: error: unknown field ‘ioctl’ specified in initializer
ioctl: XPCIe_Ioctl,

2)/root/xbmd/xbmd.c:440:3: error: implicit declaration of function ‘pci_find_device’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
gDev = pci_find_device (PCI_VENDOR_ID_XILINX, PCI_DEVICE_ID_XILINX_PCIE, gDev);

3)/root/xbmd/xbmd.c:506:61: error: ‘IRQF_SAMPLE_RANDOM’ undeclared (first use in this function)
if (0 > request_irq(gIrq, &XPCIe_IRQHandler, (IRQF_SHARED |IRQF_SAMPLE_RANDOM), gDrvrName, gDev))

0 Kudos
kotir
Scholar
Scholar

Hi,

Can you check if you can use the below packages and see if the compilation errors goes away.

libstdc++-devel-4.3.2-7.i386.rpm
gcc-c++-4.3.2-7.i386.rpm
gtk2-devel-2.14.4-3.fc10.i386.rpm
gtk2-2.14.4-3.fc10.i386.rpm
libxml2-devel-2.7.2-1.fc10.i386.rpm
libxml2-2.7.2-1.fc10.i386.rpm
libglade2-devel-2.6.3-1.fc10.i386.rpm
libglade2-2.6.3-1.fc10.i386.rpm

Regards,

KR

0 Kudos
ritux
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks KR..

After reinstalling and updating many of the packages, the error has gone.

But now Iam facing the issue related to the GUI.
Following are the error/warning obtained while executing ./xbmd_app.

(xbmd_app:2242): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkSpinButton: setting an adjustment with non-zero page size is deprecated

(xbmd_app:2242): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkSpinButton: setting an adjustment with non-zero page size is deprecated

[root@localhost xbmd]# ./xbmd_app

(xbmd_app:2252): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkSpinButton: setting an adjustment with non-zero page size is deprecated

(xbmd_app:2252): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkSpinButton: setting an adjustment with non-zero page size is deprecated

Floating point exception (core dumped)

Thank you
0 Kudos
kotir
Scholar
Scholar

Hi,

XMD gui is completely based on GTK. This looks like window resizing related issue. Have you tried to resize the window and resulting this ?

Check the GTK related package you have installed looks like some problem related to it.

Might be related to incompatible iwth other packages.

Regards,

KR

0 Kudos
ritux
Visitor
Visitor

0 Kudos
ritux
Visitor
Visitor

Hi...

Does xilinx provide any application to send image continuously from fpga(ml605) to PC using PCIe

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
fadeli88
Visitor
Visitor

on the GtkSpinButton class, change:

<property name="adjustment">1 1 1000000 1 10 10</property>

to

<property name="adjustment">1 1 1000000 1 10 0</property>

it should clear the warning.

but i still get the "floating point exception (core dump)" error, any solution?

0 Kudos