Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

PCIe DMA to AXI BRAM controller connection problem

Jump to solution

I have Vivado 2018.3, XCKU040 device (KCU105 eval board). In BD I want to connect a Xilinx PCIe DMA subsystem (directly, without CPU through AXI Interconnect or SmartConnect) to AXI BRAM controller.

The BD validation fails.  Here is the error message:

[BD 41-703] Peripheral </axi_bram_ctrl_0/S_AXI/Mem0> is mapped into master segment </xdma_0/M_AXI_LITE/SEG_axi_bram_ctrl_0_Mem0>, but there is no path between them. This is usually because an interconnect between the master and the peripheral has become misconfigured. Check and reconfigure the interconnect, or delete the master segment.

I got the same error even DMA is bypassed. This is strange as the PCIe IP with AXI Bridge (no DMA) works fine.

Is it allowed to use PCIe DMA IP for direct memory control? If it is, how to make it work?   

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

I have figured out that the Address Editor kept the original AXIs assignments, even after running Autoconnect locally. I had to physically remove the AXI BRAM controller from BD and then add it again. That "fixed" the Address Editor table. This was not expected. It looks like this is a Vivado 2018.3 issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

I have figured out that the Address Editor kept the original AXIs assignments, even after running Autoconnect locally. I had to physically remove the AXI BRAM controller from BD and then add it again. That "fixed" the Address Editor table. This was not expected. It looks like this is a Vivado 2018.3 issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos