UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant mustishesap
Participant

PCIe Driver Issue for Windows 10

Hi, I've read questions about this topic but I couldn't find an answer.

1)    I am trying to use Xilinx DMA Subsystem for PCIe IP core. In order to do this, I tried to work with driver of this module. "Xilinx PCI Express DMA Drivers and Software Guide" document declares that only "Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit" is supported. However there is a version for Windows 10 Driver in the files, so I am confused. Can I use the driver with Windows 10 or is it impossible? By the way, when I plug the module on PC, I see nothing on my device manager about PCIe (Document claims that I should see a PCI Memory Controller Device). I have marked some parts of the document. Pictures are attached to the question.

2) In order to understand the principles of  IP core, I used the example design. But when I try to generate bitstream file, it failed. Error is about "sys_rst_n". Error message says that "sys_rst_n" is not assigned to a I/O in constraint file. So, I've checked the constraint file and saw that sys_rst_n is assigned as "set_property PULLUP true". Does anyone knows why the example design of the IP core cannot be generated?

Thanks in advance.

Capture.PNG
2.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Participant mustishesap
Participant

Re: PCIe Driver Issue for Windows 10

I found the reason of the issue. In order to work with PCI, IP core must be activated in FPGA via bitstream. I relized that the example design was not created for Kintex 7 (I think it was created for Virtex 7). So, I have solved it with a different bit file. Now I can see that my device manager detects PCI Memory Controller. However, when I try to follow the steps of the document AR# 65444 (which I have attached at the post above), Windows gives me an eror. I have attached this error. The problem is, there is no document for Windows 10 at Xilinx.com. So I doubt if I follow the right procedure..3.PNG

0 Kudos