UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

PCIe Gen4

Jump to solution

Hello, I have a very straight up question:

As I understand Ultrascale+ devices have PCIe HIPs compatible to PCIe specification 4.0 rev 0.5, which includes Gen4, in fact ultrascale+ devices list PCIe Gen4 under their capabilities.

My question is, are there two kinds of HIPs in an Ultrascale+ device, or is it the same HIP which supports Gen1/Gen2/Gen3/Gen4?

In 7series product selection guide (https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/selection-guides/7-series-product-selection-guide.pdf) the Gen2 and Gen3 HIPs are clrearly differentiated in the Virtex devices, however in the Ultrascale+ product selection guide they share a row.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: PCIe Gen4

Jump to solution

Hi @arquer,

Yes it's the same HIP that supports from Gen1 to Gen4

I remember we are not telling customers that Gen4 was there :)

Thanks,

Sethu

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @arquer,

Yes it's the same HIP that supports from Gen1 to Gen4

I remember we are not telling customers that Gen4 was there :)

Thanks,

Sethu

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

0 Kudos
Scholar samcossais
Scholar

Jump to solution

Any planned schedule about the support of PCIe Gen 4 in the Ultrascale+ PCIe IP ?

Observer fransschreuder
Observer

Jump to solution
I was looking for an answer to the same question. The PCIe PHY IP has the option to select GEN4, but the UltraScale+ PCI Express Integraded Block does not have this option (yet?).
0 Kudos