UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor pankaj11
Visitor

PCIe PHY IP with 8bit 250MHz gen1 PIPE interface

Hi ,

Is there a way to generate the Xilinx PCIe PHY with gen1 8-bit PIPE interface?

The reason I need this is keep the frequency constant (250MHz in this case) and change only bit-width of PIPE interface to 8b, 16b, 32b and 64b for gen1, 2, 3 and 4 rates respectively.

I think this is a general practice followed throughout industry either to keep data-width constant and change frequency or keep frequency constant and change data-width as needed.

I am not sure why Xilinx PCIe PHY IP does mix of these two approaches. It will be a great help if you can help me find a way to run gen1 rate at 8bx250M PIPE interface.

Thanks in advance for your time and efforts.

-Pankaj

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: PCIe PHY IP with 8bit 250MHz gen1 PIPE interface

PCIe PHY IP is designed with Xilinx Transceivers (GT) and the IP supports UltraScale/UltraScale+ devices.

With UltraScale/UltraScale+ devices, the minimum interface width supported with GT is 16-bit.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor pankaj11
Visitor

Re: PCIe PHY IP with 8bit 250MHz gen1 PIPE interface

Thanks Venkata for the quick response.

But to make the IP compatible with other PCIe controllers in industry, can Xilinx team change this IP to support constant frequency and variable bitwidth only operation in future?

0 Kudos