cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

PCIe XDMA Ultrascale Example Design Not Working

So far I am unable go get an example design of the pcie_xdma block up and running.  The cfg_ltssm_state is cycling between 0 -> 1 -> 2 ->0.  

Vivado 2019.1

Simulators Tried: Vivado, Questa 10.7c, Questa 2019.3

Target: Kintex UltraScale xcku060-ffval517-2-e

I have include a screen shot of the waves, and also the project tcl script.  Has anyone else run into this issue before?

Thank you, 

Zach

xdma_link_fail.PNG
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Are you running a behavioral simulation? 

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

mmcnicho,

Yes, this is a behavioral simulation.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @zblack,

Please confirm did you modify the example design? Because i am NOT able to replicate this issue. 

From your LTSSM it seems that from Polling.Active state it is moving to the Detect state.

This happens, if no TS1 and TS2 ordered-Sets are received with the Link and lane number field set to the PAD symbol on any lane.

Can you please check with Gen1? Is Gen1 is working fine for you?

Also, please check https://www.xilinx.com/Attachment/Xilinx_Answer_73361_PCIe_Link_Training_Debug_Guide_for_US_and_US_Plus.pdf

Regards,

Naveen 

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

nmanitri,

Thank you for the answer guide, I was not aware of one that supported Ultrascale, that will be helpful.  I did not modify the example design, I simply right clicked on the block in my design and clicked on "Open IP Example Design".  This opened a new project in Vivado 2019.1.  When running the Vivado, or Questa simulation generated by this project I was getting the results above.  I am curious to know if you tried to use my project .tcl script to try and recreate the project and the problem?

I would like to spend more time helping to figure this out, but I have already spend a considerable amount of time with no success, and I ended up going to a 3rd party model where the link training worked right out of the box.

Thank you,

Zach

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @zblack,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Please share your xci file. I will try at my end with your configuration.

Also, did you get chance to check this issue in Vivado 2020.1 or in Vivado 2019.2?

Regards,

Naveen

0 Kudos