UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

PCIe XDMA scripting error

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am implementing XDMA by xilperl script command as per xapp1052 guidelines.(pg9).

--> ERROR:Xst:438 - Can not open file : xst.prj

is there any .xst file I should keep in xst folder?

what other things can cause this problem?

How to manulaly create this .scr,.xst file with respect to our project?

Thanks!

Avinash

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: PCIe XDMA scripting error

Jump to solution

Hi Avinash, 

"In the .xst file, a .prj file is specified with -ifn option. Have you put this .prj file in the directory that is specified in the .xst file?"

Also "if you have a project setup on your local machine, you can use "Generate Tcl script" and then transfer the sources etc. together with the script to the server (if you don't have your project folder there already). Then you can start the script by e.g: "xtclsh make_my_project.tcl rebuild_project" 

Hope this helps!

Ebrahim

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Avinash, 

"In the .xst file, a .prj file is specified with -ifn option. Have you put this .prj file in the directory that is specified in the .xst file?"

Also "if you have a project setup on your local machine, you can use "Generate Tcl script" and then transfer the sources etc. together with the script to the server (if you don't have your project folder there already). Then you can start the script by e.g: "xtclsh make_my_project.tcl rebuild_project" 

Hope this helps!

Ebrahim

View solution in original post

Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi Ebrahim  @ebrahimm ,
Thanks for the help, my project files were not present in specified path and now problem is solved.
I got some other error as below,

ERROR:NgdBuild:1364 - Top-level input design file
"E:/Xilinx_ISE_DS_Win_14.7_1015_1/projects/bmd_design/ipcore_dir/bmd_design/d ma_performance_demo/fpga/implement/results/xilinx_pci_exp_ep_top.ngc" cannot be found or created. Please make sure the source file exists and is of a recognized netlist format (e.g., ngo, ngc, edif, edn, or edf).

Why it is not able to create that file, can you please help me out here?

Thanks!

Avinash

0 Kudos