UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

PCIe application read data issue under multi-thread access

Hi, sir.

I encountered a weird issue on PCIe IP. I created a PCIe application and a multi-thread software on windows OS. The PCIe IP only response to a DW read/write request. Everything runs well when using Vivado 2015.1's PCIe IP.  Nowadays, Vivado 2015.1 is too old so the FPGA design migrated to Vivado 2017.4. Then the windows program got the wrong data when reading data. Thread A got thread B's data and thread B got thread A's data, sometimes. Could you tell me the detail change log of vivado 2015.1 and 2017.4's PCIe IP and any suggestion on this issue?

Thanks  

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: PCIe application read data issue under multi-thread access

Hi Jerry,

you can check the change log file in the IP wizard of the IP as shown in the below snapshot.

Latest vivado tool is 2018.3, so you might want to check with the latest version and check the issue

change_log.jpg
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: PCIe application read data issue under multi-thread access

Hi, Moderator. Thanks for your reply. I see the changelog but I can't find any clues that cause PC multi-thread program read wrong data with PCIe IP 2017.4. Do you have any suggestion? Thanks B/R Jerry Yau
PCIe_change_log.png
0 Kudos