cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

PCIe core and AXI vs AXI-Stream

I'm new to the AXI interface. According to the datasheet, the PCIe core uses the AXI-Stream interface. (The Xilinx AXI4 Interface page says this is unidirectional? PCIe is bidirectional; am I missing something here?) Anyways, I have some custom IP I want to interface to (read/write some registers). I'm looking at using the "Create Peripheral Wizard" in XPS, but it only lists AXI4 and AXI4-Lite. Are either of these compatible with the AXI-Stream interface or am I approaching this the wrong way?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
luisb
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Do you have time to wait for 13.2?  This is when the PCIe bridge will be added as a core within EDK. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Possibly; when is the expected release? This is a "down the road" project, but I'm not sure how far down the road. I think I've found a workaround in the meantime, creating my core in EDK and instantiating it and the PCIe core in ISE (although connecting them together will be manual). I haven't tried it yet. It'll be a little more complicated but at least I'll be more experienced with AXI and dealing with the IP cores  =P. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
luisb
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I believe that 13.2 should come out in early-mid July.

0 Kudos